05 November 2009

As Simon & Garfunkle would say.....

I'm Homeward Bound!!  I just spoke with the doctor on call.  he checked me out and all is clear. 

Last night, after i took a little walk with Kristen my right arm and ribcage started feeling really sore.  When i took deep breaths in i get a sharp pain in my side and my arm is really heavy...like it is made of lead.  My nurses have been great helping me manage my pain and after listening to my lungs and feeling around, everyone, including the on-call doctor, is feeling good that my ribs are all in tact and that the soreness is from being moved and having my arm extended and secured during surgery. 

I had a lot of visitors last night!  Kristen was the first one to stop by.  She brought me some snickers and a Diet Dr Pepper....after i was wonderfully pathetic via text message.  It was so nice to have one of my besties to keep me company.  I was passed out when she got here so she sat patiently and waited for me to wake up.  As Kristen was here, Laura stopped by and we had a good conversation....we chatted about our experiences living Alliance (Kristen lived there with me our freshmen year and Laura lived there for her sophomore year...in Kristen's old room!). 

After a little bit, Laura left and my dad and step mom stopped by.....with a pound of red swedish fish!!  AWSOME!!  Kristen got to meet them and chat a little before she made her way back up North.  After Kristen left, we watched the Yankees win the world series and chatted about the surgery, the non-complications, and the recovery period.  It was really great to see them.  While they were here, I spiked a slight fever.  It took a while for it to break and go down so that got me a little freaked out, but it finally did.

Later on, Dave and Nicole came by....with an OSU snuggie!!!  It was wonderful to see them and to have a good laugh.....i hadn't had one in a while and it was so refreshing.  I can't wait to start sporting the Snggie....it will be epic.

No comments: