05 September 2009

I have to be honest.....I am little terrified to start RA training on Monday.  This year I got really attached to summer and the freedom that comes with the absence of college students everywhere i turn.  I think I am less-ready for this year because i know that there are a lot of decisions to make this year....there is a lot of work to be done....there is a lot riding on 2009-2010. 

I have to graduate.  I have to put together a portfolio that I am proud of.  I have to put together a portfolio that my committee will approve of.  I have to get through three internships and 6 more classes (all while working full-time and trying to heal from massive surgery).  Last year I felt in over my head with Theory I, Legal Issues, and Theory II.  Those classes were the most academically demanding and made my brain hurt.....all the time.  But this year....there is an end in sight and I am terrified of it.  I am scared that I will drop the ball in the 11th hour.  

I have to decide if I am staying at WOU for a 4th year.  We are building a new Res Hall and I really want it......but....i really don't know how I will do in Monmouth for a 4th year.  I don't know if I can.  I miss the city.  I miss the options.  I miss being close to my friends.  I miss being close to my family.  BUT....I love my job, i love the people i work for, i love the opportunities i have at WOU, i love the trust that i have from my supervisors, i love that i am encouraged to try new things.  I was looking forward to having a year to do my job without school looming in my background.  I was NOT looking forward to doing a job search while i wrote a portfolio and did RA selection.  This is going to be a hard decision.

Which was is a girl to look?

No comments: